Friday, April 15, 2011

Promises

This is a poem I wrote last summer and it is called, Promises. God has promised to never leave us nor forsake us and over the past few years that is one promise I have held close to my heart. Psalm 31:14-15 says, "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand." This has been a verse that has been spoken into my heart many many times. When I wrote this poem, I was (& still am) learning to trust in God with ALL things and to wait on His ever so perfect timing in my life. His will, His way. :) Be blessed.

Promises

Day after day I’m reminded…
Reminded of Your beauty, Your love, Your promises

Reminded of the blood You selflessly shed
For me, a debtor
Your salvation You promised,
All for the sake of my sins

A promise to carry my burdens,
To love me, to keep me
Forever in Your arms,
There You promise to be

As the sun rises with beauty each morning
And sets with love each night,
You remind me that You’re always there,
Rising and setting in my heart

Tattered and torn,
Broken and forgotten,
You promise me You’ll never let go
Reminding me of the true beauty I hold

In this dark world You remind me
Of Your never-ending light,
You promise to return
With judgment You will come

Time after time You continue to provide,
Reminding me of Your faithfulness
Showing me Your love,
Revealing to me the promises of Your heart

Trusting in You, I wait…
The desires of my heart,
You promise to fulfill
I continue to seek You with all that I am

Promises never broken,
Always fulfilled and never forgotten
Promises of love, life, joy...
These are forever Your promises

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Sarah, your writing has its own unique beauty. Though I am a bit disappointed, I don't see the word intense anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete